Prayer of Thanksgiving
“What shall I render to God for all His benefits towards me? I will offer to thee the sacrifice of Thanksgiving and will call upon the name of the Lord”. (Psalm 226:12, 17)
Thanking God is where every battle is fought and victory gained without causalities, struggle and sweating. But also, it is a prayer, so many people are bored to pray. But today, be serious and pray it.
Read these scriptures:
- Psalm 103:1–5
- Psalm 124:1–8
- Ephesians 5:20
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18
- Psalm 100:1–4.
- Read the above verses keenly, repeat them prayerfully until your heart bursts into thanksgiving and praise.
- Forgive and let go of any person or grudges you hold in your heart ( Matthew 5:23–25).
- Have a positive attitude towards every challenge you have ever gone through or are going through.
- Commit yourself always to be thankful. Have a positive attitude towards everything, and see God in all your undertakings for you to develop a life of gratitude.
- Take your time prayerfully with a pen and a paper, and write down all that God has done for you, conscious or unconscious; then, one by one, start thanking God for them.
What To Note
Thanksgiving is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus, therefore thank God always even if you don’t feel like doing so. (For we walk by faith but not by sight).
Thanking God provokes him and his power of multiplication to manifest in your life and answers for you ( Jeremiah 30:19).
Thanking God is a remembrance of all his benefits towards you. Focus on God through them, meditate on them, then burst out in thanksgiving and praises.
Remember that many people have undergone through what you went or are going through but didn’t make it. Because you are still alive and you went through successfully, whether with casualty or not, this reason is enough to thank God for that challenge and situation.
Your focus must be God in this prayer of thanksgiving, and also, you must have in each and everything you are doing.
1. Start this session with thanksgiving and praises (2 chronicles 20:17–24)
2. Plead the blood of Jesus upon you, and all that concerns you.
3. Recall where God took you from and where you are, then start thanking God (2 Samuel 7:18).
4. Thank you, Lord, for preserving me from ………………………,(Name what God has kept you from)
5. I thank you, God, it is you who did ………………………. to me,( Mention what God did to you).
6. I give you all the praise, for all these benefits of …………., ………… and ………… ( State the benefits of God in your life)
7. It’s your will, God, for me in Christ Jesus to thank you. (Then start thanking God and adoring him)
8. I thank you, Lord God because it is good to give thanks to you and sing praises to your holy name.
9. I thank you, Lord, for the blood of Jesus.
10. I thank you for my salvation.
11. I thank you, God, for protection and preservation.
12. I thank you for every challenge I am in and have gone through and the victory you gave me.
13. Oh God, thank you for who you are in my life.
14. I thank you, Lord, for counting me faithful, putting me in the ministry and giving me grace.
15. I thank you, Jesus, for the price you paid for my salvation and redemption.
16. Thank you, Jehovah Jireh, for you have provided for me.
17. Thank you, Jehovah Rapha, you have healed me.
18. I come before you today with the sacrifice of my lips; thank you for accepting them.
19. I am giving thanks, oh Lord, among the nations, and I am singing praises to your holy name.
20. I thank you, Lord, I call upon your name, I make known Your deeds among the people.
21. I thank you, Lord, for you are good; your mercies endure forever.
22. Therefore, my God, I thank you and praise your glorious name.
23. I am the sheep of your pasture, I give you thanks forever, I will show forth your praise to all generations.
24. Oh Lord, I come before your presence with thanksgiving and make a joyful noise to you with Psalms.
25. I offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call upon the name of the Lord.
26. At midnight, I will rise to give thanks to you, oh God, because of your righteous judgment.
27. Surely the righteous shall give thanks to your name, the upright shall dwell in your presence.
28. Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
29. Thank be to God, which gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
30. Now thanks be unto God, which always causes us to triumph in Christ and makes manifest knowledge of the savour.
31. I will sacrifice to you with the voice of thanksgiving. I will pay that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.
32. I thank and praise you, O God my Father, who has given me wisdom and might and has made known to me what I desire.
33. I give thanks to the Father, making me a partaker of the saints’ inheritance in the light.
34. In everything I give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning me.
35. I sing to Lord with thanksgiving, I sing praises upon the harp to our God.
End the session with thanksgiving and praises (Psalm 150:1–6)